JSMC Career Orientation Grants
A limited number of travel and post-doctoral grants are available to outstanding graduates of the JSMC. These grants aim to provide support at the challenging stage directly following the PhD.
The call is open to all JSMC Doctoral Researchers and can be submitted in the time frame between the date of submission of the PhD thesis and up to 4 months after the date of the PhD defense.
Applications for both grant schemes are possible at any time.
1) Half-year Postdoctoral Scholarships
Funding for up to 6 months after successful completion of the PhD to support a subsequent career in academia or industry. The amount of the monthly fellowship allowance (tax free) is 1,750 € based on the regulations by the German Research Foundation (DFG). Supplementary allowance for fellowship holders with children: 400 € per month for the first child plus 100 € more for each additional child.
2) Grants for International Laboratory Visits
Travel grants to visit international laboratories in order to identify the best possibilities for postdoctoral positions. Travel expenses (transportation + accommodation costs) will be reimbursed up to the amount of a total of 2,000 € per grant (based on receipts).
Jena Alliance: Funding of Interdisciplinary Networking Events (FINE)
With its programme „Funding of Interdisciplinary Networking Events“, the Jena Alliance encourages doctoral candidates to design and organise their own academic events with a financial support of up to EUR 1000 per event.
This funding offers the opportunity to:
- broaden one's own research horizon to include interdisciplinary aspects
- to establish valuable contacts and academic networks within the scientific community
- and to gain more experience in the organisation and execution of scientific events
Eligible to apply for the funding programme are doctoral researchers within the Jena Alliance and its affiliated graduate schools. Funding recipients are autonomously responsible for the conception, organisation and execution of the event.
What we support:
- a guest lecture or a network meeting with an interdisciplinary topic or focus
- a symposium, colloquium or workshop of particular significance for a specific subject area and with an interdisciplinary orientation
The Jena Alliance "Life in Focus" promotes postgraduate qualification by connecting and strengthening structured doctoral programmes with support of the Carl-Zeiss-Stiftung in Jena (www.alliance.uni-jena.de).
You can find more information about the call here: https://apply2.uni-jena.de/atmn9